Visual Studio Code for Python Programmers - by April Speight
I know I am not using VS Code to its full potential. That’s why I picked up this book. It’s a good refresher about some features that I already know, like vim keymap and terminal. I also learned quite a few new things:
- Run the python code with Conda virtual environment within the editor;
- Refactor to extract variable and method.
- Use the outline view in Explorer to get a table of contents for rst, md, and ipynb files
- Use log point instead of print to debug
- View and filter data frame in Jupyter notebook
- Debug cell in Jupyter notebook. I used to use
from IPython.core.debugger import set_traceand then use
set_trace()as a breakpoint to debug in cells
- Git and Github integration
The book is a good refresher about a lot of cool features that VS Code has. There are many typos and unclear sentences in this first version of the book. Hopefully, it will improve in future iterations.